Saturday, August 9, 2014

Woof

One of my best friends texted me the other day and reminded me that I am not blogging as much as I should be! She's so right. Life has been so crazy and I just haven't made this a priority.

What has been my priority? Work, work and more work. However, a conversation I keep having with my girlfriends over the past couple weeks is how to meet new people and productively fill my free time. So.......

QUESTION: So what is the solution to our generation's problem with meeting new people post-college, especially of the opposite sex?

ANSWER: I have no freakin' clue.  Don't get me wrong, I have fantastic friends. Post college many of my good friends moved away, thus leaving my normally bubbling social calendar pretty sparse. Also, who has time for a relationship?! Not this girl clearly!

I am just as lost as the next 23 year old, especially when it comes to relationships.  I am trying to find a hobby while meeting someone who can tolerate me for a couple of extended periods of time during the week, and find other people who share my interests of travel, beer/wine, brunch, being active, books, and corny movies.

  • Do we post highlights of ourselves on Tinder and hope that whoever we match with isn't just interested in sex and is actually doing something productive with their lives? 
  • Do we brave the stigma of of Match.com just to find out if everyone available is either weird or in the army? 
  • Or do we do it the old fashioned way, and meet someone at the bar, grocery store or *insert cliche meet-cute place here*?  


What do we do?

When you find out, let me know. Until I figure it out, I am picking up hot yoga as a hobby, working 8 hours a day, and squeezing in time with my family and friends on the occasional day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment